So, you have decided to take a red and black German shepherd to your home and a new member to your family.
Owning a purebred German shepherd is the dream of kids as well as many adults. But, keeping a German shepherd in your home comes with a lot of responsibilities. Seriously, these cute looking red and black German shepherd can also create a mess in your home if you don’t prepare yourself for him. If you are planning to get a new purebred German shepherd, you need to know how to get your home ready for a German shepherd. You have to make some arrangements in your home. Below are some tips to equip your home and prepare yourself for a German shepherd.
Making space for a German shepherd
German shepherd needs a lot of love and attention but they also need a plenty of space.
• First, decide whether you want to dedicate an entire room (or, dog house) or a part of the room.
• .Choose a place which is quiet and close to family room, the German shepherd is a very social dog breed it can adjust easily within the family but make sure it gets alone time also.
• Get a comfortable bed which is big enough for a German shepherd to sleep or rest
• Make sure your German shepherd have easy access to water and food where you store for him
Arrange the necessary equipment and food supply for your German shepherd
There are a few things that you need to arrange before taking a purebred German shepherd into your home. They are
• Buy a heavy bottom ceramic or stainless steel bowl for your German shepherds. Avoid plastic bowls because they can be chewed by a German shepherd and it also has health issues related.
• To make your play and training sessions more fun buy some good toys for your German shepherd like balls, tugs, Frisbee and other.
• Grooming is very necessary for a German shepherd. For your purebred German shepherd buy a grooming kit which includes all the essential items such as brushes, combs, and others.
• To take your German shepherd out on walks you have to purchase a collar and lead. Make sure the collar is fit(not too loose or tight).
Decide a training programme for your German shepherd
In order to make your German shepherd a well-mannered dog, you have to decide a proper training programme. Training your German shepherd itself will strengthen the bond between you two. These tips will help you in deciding on a training programme for your German shepherd
• First, decide a schedule for your German shepherd which include time for playing, training, walks and sleep.
• Teach your German shepherd daily routines like when to sleep, when to wake up and where to find his food.
• Teach your German shepherd to respect and follow your command
• Assign responsibilities to the family members like who will feed, who will take him to the walk.